Wednesday, March 18, 2009

History Lesson



I keep this picture on my desktop to remind me that I don't know jack about what's going on most of the time.

What's happening here is Norman Schwartzkopf, the first general to double envelope an enemy army since Hannibal and an authentic member of MENSA -- I remember those guys -- with an I.Q. of 168, is telling the leaders of the Iraqi army he destroyed that they can keep their helicopters so they can massacre the Shiites down around Basra when they revolt. The Shiites in the South were Iran's way into Iraq, you see.

Schwartzkopf's version of the event is the Iraqis fooled him, he says with a wry smile. He thought they wanted those helicopters to fly to business meetings or something like that. They fooled Powell, Cheney and George H.W. Bush at the same time, of course.



This is Schwartzkopf's envelopment of the Iraqi army. Look where the 24th Mechanized Division is. You tell me if you believe Schwartzkopf could be gulled by a bunch of Iraqis.

2 comments:

Decidere said...

When you walk the streets you'll have no cares if you walk the lines and not the squares
As you go through life make this your goal, watch the doughnut not the hole

Tom Manoff said...

Teacher says:

Those who forget history are bound to fail their exam.

Those who pass the exam see my later if you want a Phd.

Those of you who get a Phd and are bound to write history.

Repeat.